Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween


I love Halloween! It's my most favorite holiday ever! It's the best! I love the idea of good spirits coming to get rid of the evil spirits. I learned that when we go trick-or-treating, it originally stems from a tradition of leaving an offering of some kind on your doorstep to make the good spirits happy so that they will be more willing to protect the place from evil spirits. When you dress up all scary, it comes from the idea that the good spirits would disguise themselves as evil creatures to scare off the evil spirits. All of the Halloween movies and stories are so awesome! I like the story of the Headless Horseman and Sleepy Hallow. We used to have the movie with Jonny Depp on our iPods but I guess it didn't stay on. I also love the move The Nightmare Before Christmas! It's an awesome movie. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments: